Monday, June 3, 2019

No Backup Plan

Scripture:

“So Elisha returned to his oxen and slaughtered them. He used the wood from the plow to build a fire to roast their flesh. He passed around the meat to the townspeople, and they all ate. Then he went with Elijah as his assistant.”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭19:21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Elijah put his mantle on Elisha, Elisha went home to the oxen he use to work with and slaughtered them and built a fire for the meat and to burn his plow, which was his old means of living and income.  He decided that he was following the Lord with no backup plan.

Application:

Sometimes we tend to always want to have a backup plan in case things don’t work out in serving God.  It seems to be wisdom to have a backup plan in case God’s plans don’t work out, but it is actually a lack of faith in God’s provision.  When God calls, I need to follow, even if it doesn’t make sense and I don’t have a back up plan.  He blesses those who are completely His.

Prayer:

Lord, let my faith in You increase.  Help me to be a man of faith who trusts You completely.  Help me not to stress over how I’m going to live or where I’m going to live, but to know I am following You and that You will take care of me and provide for me.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment