Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Knowing Things By The Spirit of God

Scripture:

“But Elisha asked him, “Don’t you realize that I was there in spirit when Naaman stepped down from his chariot to meet you? Is this the time to receive money and clothing, olive groves and vineyards, sheep and cattle, and male and female servants?”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭5:26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Elisha’s servant went to Naaman to trick him into giving him a large portion of gold and clothing.  He lied to Naaman about Elisha wanting the silver that had been offered earlier.  When he hid the silver and then approached Elisha, the man of God said, “Don’t you realize that I was there in spirit”.  Elisha knew everything that had happened.

Application:

I want to walk in the Spirit as Elisha did.  I want to have the Spirit reveal things to me so others can see how real God is.  I love the word of knowledge gift of the Spirit.  I believe it touches people’s lives and lets them know that God sees them and knows their lives.  I want to grow deeper in that gift.

Prayer:

Father, simply said, I want to be a man of God who hears from God and does Your will.  I want to live with open ears and eyes to hear and see what You want done in the earth.  Help me to be more sensitive to You and Your voice.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment