Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Whole Heart Matters

Scripture:

II Chronicles 25:2  "He did right in the sight of the Lord, yet not with a whole heart".

Observation:

As we read about the kings of Judah and Israel, we read many times that they followed the Lord or they didn't follow the Lord.  When we get to Amaziah, it says of him, "He did right in the sight of the Lord, yet not with a whole heart".  Apparently, he did the right things in honor of the Lord, but god always knows the heart and why we do what we do.

Application:

Walking with God is always a heart issue.  He wants us to love Him with all our heart, all our soul, all our mind and all our strength.  He knows when we are doing things whole heartedly because of our relationship with Him and when we are simply doing it because of religious purposes.  We need to continually ask God to examine our hearts so that we do the right thing, for the right purpose.  It's a heart-check.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to serve You with all my heart and not with a part of it.  Search me today.  Speak to me and show me areas that need to be surrendered to You.  Forgive me for the times when I have not been fully committed to You and Your purposes.  I want to serve You with my whole heart and not just part of it.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment