Wednesday, June 3, 2015

God Responds to Humility

Scripture:

I Kings 21:29  "Do you see how Ahab has humbled himself before Me?  Because he has humbled himself before Me, I will not bring the evil in his days, but I will bring the evil upon his house in his son's days".

Observation:

I see from this passage how much God honors humility and brokenness.  Ahab was a terrible king and person in general.  He worshiped other gods and did evil in the sight of the Lord, yet when in a bad situation he humbled himself with fasting and wearing sackcloth.  God responded by averting the punishment from him and placing it on his children's generation.  God really responds to humility.

Application:

God's word tells us to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God and He will raise us up in due season.  God loves humility and brokenness before Him.  We need to humble ourselves more often and look to Him instead of trying to do everything on our own.  Humility and calling on the name of the Lord causes the Lord to respond and bless us.

Prayer:

God, we are a prideful and arrogant generation.  Teach me to walk in humility and to call on Your name.  Help me to realize that only You have the resources I need and that unless You bless me, I am finished.  I desperately need You Father.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment