Thursday, June 18, 2015

Blessing in His Presence

Scripture:

I Chronicles 13:14  "Thus the ark of God remained with the family of Obed-edom in his house for three months; and the Lord blessed the family of Obed-edom with all that he had".

Observation:

When David became king, one of the first things he wanted to do was to bring the ark of God back to Jerusalem.  He tried to bring the ark back and on the way, Uzzah reached out and touched the ark to stabilize it and was struck dead instantly.  At that point, David stored the ark at the home of Obed-edom for three months while he investigated how to transport the ark back to it's rightful place.  During that three months, God blessed Obed-edom.

Application:

The ark was where God's presence was manifested during David's time.  Obed-edom honored and cared for the ark and was blessed for it.  Today, the veil is torn and we all have access to the ark of God, but not all honor and care for that.  Those who honor the presence of the Lord and fear Him, will still see His blessing.  As God's blessing came on Obed-edom, it will come on us as we seek Him and desire His presence.

Prayer:

Father, I need Your presence in my life.  I need to hear Your voice and know Your will at all times.  I honor You and want You to work in my life, my home and my church.  Let Your presence be honored in my life, my home and my church.  I want more of You each day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment