Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Call Out to God For Blessing

Scripture:

I Chronicles 4:10  "Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, 'Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!'  And God granted him what he requested".

Observation:

Jabez stands out in a long line of genealogies.  Most of the references just say so and so begat so and so, but here the author takes a moment to describe this one individual in the midst of tons of others.  Jabez stood out from the crowd because he called on the Lord and asked God to bless him.  He asked God to enlarge his borders, to let God's hand be on his life, and God would keep him from pain.  It simply says, "God granted him what he requested".

Application:

We need to be more like Jabez and call on the name of the Lord.  We need to ask God to bless us!  If we have an all-powerful God as our heavenly Father, why do we not ask for Him to bless us indeed?  We should be asking God for His blessing in every area of our lives.  God didn't rebuke Jabez for asking, He granted him his request.  We should not be afraid to ask God to bless our lives and expand our territory.

Prayer:

Father, bless my life and family.  Bless my finances and let my family prosper.  Let us be free of debt and become lenders instead of borrowers.  Show me Your ways and lead me into a life of Your blessing.  You are amazing!  Keep us from harm and bless us indeed.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment