Thursday, June 25, 2015

Overwhelmed By His Glory

Scripture:

II Chronicles 5:14  "so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God".

Observation:

When Solomon dedicated the Temple in Jerusalem, the glory of the Lord filled the Temple like a cloud and the priests could not stand to minister because of it.  The priests were not able to stand in the glory of the Lord.  They were overwhelmed by the glory of the Lord.  His presence was too much to handle.  They couldn't even stand up.

Application:

There's a song that has come out in the past few years called "Holy Spirit".  In the song it says, "Holy Spirit You are welcome here.  Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere.  Your glory God is what our hearts long for, to be overcome by Your presence Lord".  I love when God manifests His presence in tangible ways that are so powerful that you cannot stand.  I love when the glory of God gets so thick that my human frailty can't stand anymore.  I want God to fill me afresh with His glory.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for letting me sense Your presence more since yesterday.  Let it continue and let it increase.  I want to be overwhelmed by Your presence and Your glory.  I want Your presence so think in our church that people literally can't stand, but have to bow before Your great name.  I want You to come in such power that there can be no denying by any skeptic who the God of power really is.  Come Holy One, and move at Word of Life and in my personal life in greater and greater dimensions.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment