Wednesday, June 24, 2015

God Deserves Our Best

Scripture:

II Chronicles 2:5  "The house which I am about to build will be great, for greater is our God than all other gods".

Observation:

Solomon had learned from his father David, that God was greater and more powerful than all other gods.  He had great respect for the Lord and wanted to give God his very best.  When it was time to build a house for the Lord, Solomon desired to give God his absolute best.  Second best wouldn't do because he was doing it for the Lord.

Application:

Do we really honor God in the way we do things?  Do we really give Him our very best?  Do we go out of our way to make sure what we do for Him is done with absolute precision?  Do we honor Him by giving all to Him?  Today, especially when we build, we try to do it as cheap as possible so we save the Lord's money.  I know God doesn't dwell in buildings built with human hands, but I do love the way Solomon honored Him and wanted to give God the very best.

Prayer:

Lord, let me do what I do for You to my very best. Help me to serve You with excellence and to walk in integrity in every area.   I want to make Your name famous in the earth and for the world to know You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment