Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Raising Strong Sons

Scripture:

I Chronicles 7:40  "All these were the sons of Asher, heads of the fathers' houses, choice and mighty men of valor, heads of the princes.  And the number of them enrolled by genealogy for service in war was 26,000 men".

Observation:

The sons of Asher were some pretty awesome guys.  They were described as choice, mighty men of valor and heads of princes.  These guys were powerful in battle, but also were well trained in leadership.  Out of his descendants, Asher produced 26,000 strong men like this.  What a powerful word about Asher.

Application:

I have two sons.  I want my sons to be heads of houses, might men of valor, and heads of princes.  I want my sons to be strong leaders and valiant men who will raise their families well.  I want to see them raise sons who will raise sons to be strong in faith and character.  I need to invest more in them and help them become mighty in every way.

Prayer:

Father, my sons are getting older and I feel like I haven't invested enough in their lives.  Help me to make the most of the coming weeks, months and years that I have left.  I want to see our home and the homes of our descendants be great in following You.  Let my generations serve You and be strong.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment