Monday, June 15, 2015

Heritage Means Everything

Scripture:

I Chronicles 3:1  "Now these were the sons of David who were born to him in Hebron: The firstborn was Amnon, by Ahinoam the Jezreelitess..."

Observation:

The first three chapters of I Chronicles tell the genealogy of the kings and leaders of Israel.  Over and over it tells us who begat who and who was the father of who.  It thoroughly covers the history of every family, where they ended up and who they were related to.  Heritage and genealogy matter to God.

Application:

From this morning's readings, I see that heritage and genealogy mean a lot to God and should mean a lot to us.  Family is important!  My father always let us know that shouldn't disgrace or bring shame to the Jacob name.  It was important to him that his descendants  followed in his footsteps.  What family you are born into is important and this morning I am thankful to be a Jacob.  I have the best parents in the world.

Prayer:

Lord God, thank you for my parents.  Bless them today and strengthen them in their latter years.  Let me be a great father to my sons and help me to pass on the blessing of being a Jacob to them.  Let me live a life that they will want to imitate.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment