Friday, June 19, 2015

Seeking the Lord

Scripture:

I Chronicles 16:11  "Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually".

Observation:

King David had just brought the ark of God into its resting place in Jerusalem.  There was a great celebration because the presence of the Lord was with the people of Israel again.  David had worshiped so hard that he embarrassed his wife.  He breaks out in song as a result of this and in that song he makes this simple statement that was really the key to his very successful life.  He said, "Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually".

Application:

I believe the secret to David's incredible leadership was not his leadership training, but his seeking of the Lord.  He sought the Lord before every battle.  He would ask the Lord, "should I go against this army", and the Lord would respond and tell him exactly what to do".  He tells us here to seek the Lord's strength and His face continually.  We often are told, "seek His face, not His hand".  David would say seek both his power and His presence.  We get what we seek for.  We must begin seeking God again.

Prayer:

Father, I feel such a desire lately to seek You deeper again.  Help me to set aside the time to seek your strength and your face.  I want Your presence with me, upon me and around me all the days of my life.  I seek You this morning, but help me to seek you continually like this Psalm says.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment