Monday, June 29, 2015

Faith Seen Through Fear

Scripture:

II Chronicles 20:3  "Jehoshaphat was afraid and turned his attention to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah".

Observation:

Jehoshaphat had a relationship with God and knew that when fear stepped into his life, that he needed to seek the Lord.  When fear came in, he knew where to turn.  He didn't allow fear to stop him, rather, fear pushed him closer to God, who he trusted to rescue him from his fears.

Application:

Most of us allow fear to paralyze us in our relationship with God.  Usually fear causes us to focus on the problem and how big it is instead of on God and how big He is.  Fear is a part of life.  It comes to all of us.  We must use fear to cause us to seek God instead of allowing fear to weaken our faith.  God loves it when we turn to Him in total faith and trust because we are afraid.

Prayer:

Lord, help me turn fear into faith.  Instead of letting my emotions run my life and my fears, help me to turn toward seeking You in prayer and fasting when bad things happen.  Teach me to walk in stronger faith and to run to you when I am afraid.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment