Thursday, June 4, 2015

Asking for the Right Thing

Scripture:

II Kings 2:9  "When they  had crossed over, Elijah said to Elisha, 'Ask what I shall do for you before I am taken from  you'.  And Elisha said, 'Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me'".

Observation:

When Elisha was given the opportunity to ask for anything he wanted from Elijah, he asked for a double portion of his spirit to be on his life.  Elisha knew what he wanted and asked for it clearly and precisely.  He had seen something on the life of his master that he wanted.  When given the opportunity, he knew immediately what to ask for.

Application:

James tells us that sometimes we don't receive because we don't ask or because we ask with the wrong motives.  May we be like Elisha, who knew what to ask for and had the right motives when asking.  We must know what we are asking God for.  He wants to give us the desires of our hearts, but we often don't even know what those are.  we should always have something we are specifically praying for.

Prayer:

Father, help me to know what to ask for.  Elisha asked for a double portion of Elijah's spirit and it was given to him.  Let me have the right answers when You ask me what I want and let me have the right motives for the things I ask for.

You are Awesome!  Thanks for gracing us with Your powerful presence last night.  I look forward to much more of the same and greater.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment