Tuesday, June 2, 2015

God Can Provide For His People

Scripture:

I Kings 17:4  "It shall be that you will drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to provide for you there".

Observation:

God told Elijah, who had spoken His word and did as He said, to go to Cherith and there He would provide water and ravens would bring him food.  Later it says that Elijah went and was brought bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening.  He went into the wilderness with no provision and had two nice meals a day.  God knows how to provide for his children!

Application:

God knows how to provide for His children.  Sometimes in our flesh, we don't know how God is going to work in our lives and how we are going to make it.  Sometimes in our mind, we can't see all that God is doing in providing for us.  We must learn to trust that our provider will provide.  We must do our part, then watch Him do His part.  I was young and now I'm older and I have never seen the righteous forsaken.  God will find a way to take care of those who are His.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, thank you for loving us and caring for us.  Thank You for not letting us go hungry or allowing us to fall.  You are the Lord our Provider.  Help me to trust You more in this area of life.  I like to know ahead of time everything You are going to do to provide and You want me to trust You more and more.  Help me to trust You more every day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment