Friday, May 29, 2015

No Expense Too Great

Scripture:

I Kings 6:22  "He overlaid the whole house with gold, until all the house was finished.  Also the whole altar which was by the inner sanctuary he overlaid with gold".

Observation:

When Solomon did something for God, he spared no expense.  He wanted to build a house for God and it took him seven years.  He wouldn't offer God anything without value, so he overlaid the entire temple with gold.

Application:

Today, we would say this was a waste of God's money and resources.  We tend to throw up the quickest and cheapest thing we can to worship God in.  Solomon had a different perspective.  He wanted the place where God was going to be worshiped to stand out from all other buildings.  He wanted it to be magnificent, and it was.  I'm not into super expensive buildings, but I feel like God is speaking to me this morning about doing whatever I do with an excellent spirit because I'm doing it for the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, help me to worship You with excellence.  Help me to give You my best.  You are amazing and deserve nothing but the best.  You have blessed me beyond measure and I want to bless You as well.  Let my life demonstrated the goodness of God and let me offer You my very best at all times.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment