Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Open Doors and Adversaries

Scripture:

I Corinthians 16:9  "for a wide door for effective service has opened to me, and there are many adversaries".

Observation:

Paul was finishing his letter to the Corinthians and tells them that he has to stay in Ephesus for a while because a wide door had opened for effective service, yet there were many adversaries.  Paul did not apparently equate open doors with no problems or adversaries.  He saw the open doors for service and realized that open doors didn't mean no problems.

Application:

Sometimes we tend to equate wide open doors with "no problems or adversaries".  We generally thing that an open door means that there are no problems and that everything is going to go fantastic because the door is open.  Open doors do not mean that there are no adversaries!  We must realize we have an adversary and that he hates open doors.  Therefore we must fight the enemy to keep doors open.  Open doors usually mean that there will be adversity.

Prayer:

Father, let me see truth as I walk with You.  Help me to see things as You see them.  Teach me to walk through open doors, but to also realize that Satan doesn't like open doors and will do everything he can to close them.  Teach me when to fight through and when to walk away from open doors.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment