Friday, May 22, 2015

Giant Killers Reproduce Giant Killers

Scripture:

II Samuel 21:22  "These four were born to the giant in Gath, and they fell by the hand of David and by the hand of his servants".

Observation:

David's most popular story is probably his great victory over Goliath of Gath.  Most people don't realize he and his men killed all of the giants in his day.  Here, it records that the four sons of Goliath were also killed by David and his men.  Once David killed Goliath, he and those who served with him knew it was possible and their faith was raised because of David.  David wasn't the only giant killer.  His team also defeated giants!

Application:

I need to not only be a giant killer, but to raise up those who can also kill giants.  I want to be a person who pulls the best out of people and causes them to believe they can do what God is calling them to do.  I want to see the people around me kill some giants and take some cities for God.  I want to see those around me plant some awesome churches that defeat the works of the devil.

Prayer:

Father, I love slaying giants, but I don't want to do it alone.  Help me to invest my life in those who will slay giants in the future.  Help me to reproduce people of faith who believe God for the impossible.  Let my life affect those around me in a positive way.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment