Thursday, May 14, 2015

So Blessed that Your Enemies See it

Scripture:

I Samuel 26:25  "Then Saul said to David, 'Blessed are you, my son David; you will both accomplish much and surely prevail.'  So David went on his way, and Saul returned to his place".

Observation:

Saul was still king and was pursuing David to kill him.  David had two opportunities now to kill Saul, but wouldn't.  He said he would not touch the Lord's anointed.  David realized that God lifts up and God puts down.  He knew he would be king one day, but he trusted God with when and how.  Here, David let Saul know he could have killed him and Saul replies, "Blessed are you, my son David; you will both accomplish much and surely prevail".

Application:

Saul couldn't fight against the purity in David's heart.  He knew that David was special and had the favor of God on his life.  Saul understood that God would bless David and make him king one day.  May we be so blessed that the world sees it.  May they understand that they can try to put us down, but God will raise us up.  May our lives be so blessed that the world can't argue against us.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be so blessed that the world can't comprehend it.  Let my light shine and help me to walk with You in purity of heart.  May every motive be pure and may my relationship with You grow daily.  Take me deeper in my walk with You.  Bless my life so much that my enemies can't help but realize that God does bless His people.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment