Saturday, May 16, 2015

Inquire of the Lord

Scripture:

II Samuel 2:1  "Then it came about afterwards that David inquired of the Lord, saying, 'Shall I go up to one of the cities of Judah?'  And the Lord said to him, 'Go up.'  So David said, 'Where shall I go up?'  And He said, 'To Hebron'".

Observation:

One of David's greatest attributes is seen in this Scripture.  David always inquired of the Lord about what he should do.  Here he asks God if he should go up to Judah, then he asks him specifically which city.  He didn't want to do anything on his own.  He wanted to be in the center of God's will and trusted God to bring that to pass.

Application:

I want to live a life like this.  I want to be directed by the Lord in every step I take and every move I make.  I love to see the way the Lord spoke clearly to David throughout his life and I strongly desire to hear clearly what the Lord directs me to do in my life.

Prayer;

Holy Spirit speak to me and I will listen.  Show me where to go and what to do and I will respond.  Open my ears to hear more clearly every day.  Remove anything that blocks that or hinders me from hearing your voice.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment