Friday, May 1, 2015

Fully Assured

Scripture:

Romans 4:20-21  "yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform".

Observation:

Paul was speaking to the Romans about Abraham.   He told them that Abraham didn't waver, but grew stronger in faith.  He was "fully assured" that what God promised, He was able to perform.  Wavering often robs our blessing.  Sometimes we "think" God "can" do something, but do we really believe He "will" do what He promised?

Application:

God wants His children to walk by faith and not by sight.  Sight tells us that God is not working in our lives like we want Him to, faith says, "He will do what He said He would do".  We must moved from "hoping" God will do something to being "fully assured" that He will.  I want to live a fully assured life of confidence in God.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk by faith and not by sight.  Teach me to not waver, but to be fully assured that You will do what You have said.  Help me to walk in complete obedience to You.  I am Yours.  Take me, fill me, use me for Your glory.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment