Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Comebacks

Scripture:

Judges 16:22  "However, the hair of his head began to grow again after it was shaved off".

Observation:

Samson had failed God miserably.  He had broken almost of the laws of a Nazirite, which he was to fulfill all the days of his life.  He had slept with foreign women and was living a lifestyle that God wouldn't approve of.  As a result, he lost everything, was captured, blinded and became a workhorse for his enemies.  However, his hair began to grow again and his strength began to grow again.

Application:

Sometimes we get off of God's path for our lives.  Sometimes we make mistakes and do things we know we shouldn't do.  Usually this leaves us feeling that God could never use us again or work with us again.  The fact is, God is a loving and forgiving God.  You will real what you sow, but hair does grow again and God will still work with your life.  He hasn't given up on you totally.  No matter how you may have fallen away from God, He will draw you back and re-empower you to do His will.

Prayer:

Father, I pray for the person reading this who feels they have fallen too far for God to forgive them.  I pray they will realize that You are a loving and forgiving God and that their hair can grow again.  Resurrect hope for the person who has just about given up I pray.  Be with me today in all I do.  Walk with me and talk with me throughout this day.  Empower me to serve You well today.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment