Monday, April 27, 2015

God is Sometimes Working When we Don't Realize it

Scripture:

Judges 14:3-4 "But Samson said to his father, 'Get her for me, for she looks good to me'.  However, his father and mother did not know that it was of the Lord, for he was seeking an occasion against the Philistines."

Observation:

Samson told his parents that a girl of the Philistines looked good to him and they thought he just had hormone problems and was full of lust.  They wanted him to marry one of their people.  This girl was from the uncircumcised Philistines who were the enemies of God and Israel.  Apparently, there is no way this could be God, but God had a plan in all of this.

Application:

Sometimes God does things that don't make sense to us.  Sometimes He breaks His own rules.  He is God and He is allowed to do that!  It was wrong for Samson to marry a Philistine woman, but God wanted him to because He had a plan.  Samson's life was given to God from birth and God had his hand on Samson even when it appeared Samson was acting totally in the flesh.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see from Your perspective.  help me to see what You are doing in the lives of the people around me.  Help me not to judge without knowing what You are up to.  speak to me clearly Holy Spirit and guide my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment