Wednesday, April 8, 2015

When God Fights

Scripture:

Joshua 10:42  "Joshua captured all these kings and their lands at one time, because the Lord, the God of Israel, fought for Israel".

Observation:

By the end of the chapter 12, Joshua had defeated 31 kings in the region of the Promised Land.  He was going through the land getting rid of every enemy.  Sometimes, four or five kings would get together and attack Israel, but Israel would defeat them every time because, "the God of Israel, fought for Israel".  When God fights on your behalf, the battle isn't fair.  He never loses!

Application:

The God of Israel has never lost His power.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He can still defeat every enemy and plunder everything that stands against us.  The thing to remember about Israel is that God fought their battles as long as they were doing as He instructed.  When they disobeyed, the blessing would stop and defeat would come their way.  Our goal should be to walk in complete obedience so that our God can fight our battles.

Prayer:

Father, I love You and appreciate You more than I show.  Thank You for all You have done recently to show me how much You love me.  You truly fight our battles and bring about victory.  You are my strength and my deliverer.  Help me to obey You more and better.   I know that obedience in better than sacrifice.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment