Friday, April 17, 2015

Serving God's Purpose

Scripture:

Acts 13:36  "For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid among his fathers and underwent decay".

Observation:

Paul is preaching the Gospel in this context and speaking of the resurrection of Christ and how God's Holy One would not suffer decay.  He was letting them know that David did suffer decay.  In saying this, he makes a comment about David, "after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep".  David fulfilled the purpose of God in his generation and then fell asleep.

Application:

I love this wording about David and I want it to be true about my life as well.  I want to serve the purpose of God in my generation, then fall asleep.  Life should really be about God's purpose in our generation and not our purpose.  So many today are looking for their purpose in life.  Let's look at fulfilling God's purpose in our generation and we will fall asleep very content one day.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let me fulfill Your purposes in the earth in my generation, then fall asleep.  Let my life serve Your purposes and not my own.  I thank You for Your blessing on my life and for all the wonderful things You have done for me lately, but more than anything else, I want to serve Your purposes.  Bless our missions convention this weekend as we look to expand what we are doing for Your purposes in our generation.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment