Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Mission of Jesus

Scripture:

Acts 10:38  "You know Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him".

Observation:

Luke, as a first hand witness of Christ, gives us his summary of the mission of Jesus and what it looked like.  He summarizes the ministry of Christ by saying He, "went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil".  His missions summarized was, Go about, do good and heal oppressed people.  Sounds like a great mission statement to me.

Application:

Today we are consumed by missional questions and work hard to define and re-define our mission as a people and as a church.  This is all good and very important, but sometimes we lose the simple and make things way too complex.  What if our mission became very simple like Go, do good, and heal.  I think then God would be with us like He was with Jesus and we would see great things happen in the church.

Prayer:

Father, I need You in my life desperately.  I want to do Your will above all else.  Help me to simplify life and live a life that is truly pleasing to You.  Help me to go, do good and heal what is messed up by the devil.  Help me to restore things that are broken and messed up for Your glory.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment