Friday, April 24, 2015

Where is God?

Scripture:

Judges 6:13 "Then Gideon said to him, 'O my lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us?  And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, 'Did not the Lord bring us up our of Egypt?' But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian'".

Observation:

God was speaking to Gideon through an angel and telling him to arise and defeat the Midianites.  The angel said, "The Lord is with you mighty man of valor", but Gideon didn't feel like a mighty man of valor.  He also didn't feel like God was with him.  Gideon experienced what all of us experience from time to time.

Application:

Often God's people feel exactly like Gideon.  They feel like God did great and mighty things in the past, but that He isn't doing those things today or that He does them for others, but not for them.  The fact is... God is with us!  Whether it looks like it or not, God is with us.  He will never leave us or forsake us.  Though it may not seem He is with us, He is.  It may not feel like He is with us, but He is.  We must remember that at all times, God is with us and we must act like He is.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk in faith.  Help me to believe You are truly with me in every valley and every mountaintop.  You have done so much in my life, help me never forget the way You have delivered me and favored me over and over again.  You are amazing.  Increase my faith.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment