Saturday, April 18, 2015

Provoked by the Spirit

Scripture:

Acts 17:16  "Now while Paul was waiting for them at Athens, his spirit was being provoked within him as he was observing the city full of idols".

Observation:

When Paul came into the city of Athens, the scripture says that his spirit was being provoked within him because of all the idols.  His spirit was sensitive to the spirit of God and he was feeling what God feels about the city.

Application:

I want God to let me feel His heart for my city and my people and my generation.  I want my spirit to be provoked by God to action.  To provoke really means to push until action is required.  When you feel the heart of God for the lost, you will be provoked to do something about your city.

Prayer:

Provoke me Lord!  Provoke my heart to action for You.  Provoke my spirit like You provoked Paul.  Move my heart for the things that move Your heart.

You are the best!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment