Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Knowing Him

Scripture:

John 10:14  "I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me".

Observation:

Jesus was telling the people in this verse that He knows those who belong to Him and that they know Him.  He talks in the context about sheep knowing the voice of the shepherd and follow him.  Here He compares Himself with a shepherd and lets us know that He knows us and wants us to know Him.  He is not trying to hide Himself from us, but trying to let us know Him.

Application:

Jesus said He knows His own and His own know Him.  I want to be one who knows Him.  I want to hear His voice and walk with the shepherd.  I want to follow Him completely and do whatever He says to do.  I know that He knows me... I want to know Him more and more every day.  I want to know Him like He knows me.

Prayer:

Closer Lord!  I want to walk closer with You.  As we remember your death, burial and resurrection this week, I want to know Your voice.  You raised from the dead and are alive forevermore.  Help me to clearly hear Your voice and to follow wholeheartedly.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment