Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Light of the World

Scripture:

John 9:4-5  "We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work.  While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world".

Observation:

Jesus tells His followers that He must do the works of the Father who sent Him while it was day because night was coming and you can't work at night.  The He adds, "While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world".  While He was in the world, He was the Light of the world.  Now we are the light of the world.

Application:

While He was alive on this earth, Jesus was the light of the world.  While here, He told us that we were the light of the world.  Matthew tells us that we are the light of the world and that our good deeds should shine and glorify our Father in heaven.  While He was here on earth, He shined as a light, He then left that job for us as His followers.  We must shine!

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to reflect You well.  I want my life to shine in darkness, bringing light to multitudes.  As Christ shined forth Your light and truth, let my life shine forth your light and truth.  You are amazing and I want to light up the world for You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment