Thursday, March 12, 2015

Do Not Fear

Scripture:

Numbers 21:34  "But the Lord said to Moses, 'Do not fear him, for I have given him into your hand, and all his people and his land; and you shall do to him as you did to Sihon, king of the Amorites, who lived at Heshbon,'"

Observation:

Moses and the people of Israel had just defeated the Amorites and dispossessed them from their cities.  As God's people moved forward, they came upon Sihon, king of the Amorites, and God tells Moses not to fear him because God had already given Moses his land.  God reminds Moses of past success and victory, then tells him he can expect it again.

Application:

There's an old gospel song that says, "He'll do it again".  Sometimes, in the midst of difficulties, we need to be reminded of what God has done in the past and to realize that He can and will do it again.  People of faith remember what they have seen the Lord do in the past and they expect it again.  As we rehearse what God has done in the past, our faith for what He will do in the future increases.  We have nothing to fear!  Christ has vanquished every enemy and won the victory long ago.

Prayer:

Father, help me walk by faith and not by feelings, emotions, or fear.  Let me remember what I have seen You do in the past and know You've got my back in every situation.  You are my God and I will trust in You.  Have Your way in my life.  Guide me and lead me into Your complete and perfect will.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment