Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lack of Faith Equals Rebellion

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 1:26  "Yet you were not willing to go up, but rebelled against the command of the Lord your God".

Observation:

When the people of Israel were told there were giants and strong cities in the Promised Land, they decided that they could not defeat them instead of believing God would give them what He promised them.  God had told them to go and take possession of the land, but they didn't think they could do it.  In this text, God calls that rebelling against Him.

Application:

Faith pleases God.  When we trust His word and what He has to say about something, He is pleased.  When we shudder in fear about things He has said we can do, it is like rebellion to God.  If God says it...we can do it!  Anything else is considered rebellion and I don't want to rebel against God.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to walk in fearless faith.  Help me to accomplish all You want me to in my life.  Let me not wimp out when You give me an assignment, but help me walk by faith to accomplish all You put in my heart.  Let me hear Your voice more clearly each day and let me accomplish Your will as I hear it.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment