Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Lord Fights Our Battles

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 20:3-4  "He shall say to them, 'Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today.  Do not be fainthearted.  Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you'".

Observation:

God told Israel that as they were approaching battle, they should not be afraid or intimidated because of the enemies because it was Him that would be fighting.  He was not going to leave them on their own, it was His battle and He would defeat their enemies.  He told them that He would fight for them, therefore there was nothing to fear.

Application:

As New Testament believers, God also want to fight our battles, but we must trust Him.  We tend to live our lives and fight our battles independent of God, but He wants to defeat our enemies.  He wants us to trust Him in every area of our lives.  When He defeats our enemies, we should honor Him and demonstrate our appreciation to Him.  He wants to fight our battles, but He is restrained when we start fighting on our own without Him.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to trust You more.  You are my defender, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.  You are the one who has already defeated my enemies.  Help me to walk a walk that is pleasing to you and that You will bless.  Defeat my enemies and bring about victory in my life.  I will declare Your victory to the ends of the earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment