Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Self-limitation

Scripture:

Numbers 13:31  "But the men who had gone up with him said, 'We are not able to go up against the people, for they are too strong for us'".

Observation:

Twelve spies had walked through the land that God had promised the children of Israel.  Ten came back with a bad report and two came back with a good report.  The people listened to the bad report of how they could never defeat the people who dwelt there.  These ten, and the rest of the people of Israel, caused themselves 40 years of wandering in a desert because they didn't believe God would destroy their enemies.

Application:

Sometimes we limit ourselves and limit God in the process.  God may want to do something in our lives, but we feel under-prepared, not ready, or that the task it too big.  We must see it this way, if we were ready, and felt totally confident, God would get no glory for our accomplishment.  We must not limit God by limiting ourselves.  If He says we can do something... We can do it!

Prayer:

Father, help me to stop limiting You by limiting myself.  Help me to see through your eyes and trust you at greater levels.  I don't want my lack of faith to hinder what You want to do in my life.  Help me walk with You and fulfill everything You want me to.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment