Saturday, March 7, 2015

Invoking God's Name

Scripture:

Numbers 6:24-27  "The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.  So they shall invoke My name on the sons of Israel, and I will bless them".

Observation:

God told Moses and Aaron precisely how to invoke His name on the children of Israel.  God told them that when they did this, He would bless them.  God promised that, when they followed His pattern of blessing, He would do His part and bless His people.

Application:

When we do things God's way, we get God's results.  When we follow God's pattern, we can expect God's blessings.  I feel like I need to begin to invoke God's name on the people I serve each week.  I want the congregation I serve to walk in the blessing of God.  I want to release the blessing of God on those under my care, in a way God responds to.  I want to bless people right.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to begin blessing Your people, Your way.  Let the people of Word of Life be blessed beyond measure because Your name has been invoked on them.  Thanks for sharing this with me today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment