Wednesday, March 25, 2015

God Turns Curses into Blessings

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 23:5  "Nevertheless, the Lord your God was not willing to listen to Balaam, but the Lord your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the Lord your God loves you".

Observation:

In this text, I see the love of the Lord.  He loved Israel so much that turned the curse of Balaam into a blessing.  They were trying to pay Balaam to pronounce a curse on God's people, but God wouldn't let him.  God turned around and made him bless His people.  God has the ability to make your enemies bless you.

Application:

God's love is incredible.  He truly wants to bless His people and will go out of His way to do it.  He will turn a curse into a blessing for those who love Him and are called for His purposes.  Pursuing God with all our heart has it's benefits.  He is a good God who will defend His people and turn bad things into good things on our behalf.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for Your love.  You amaze me by how much You love me.  I have let You down over and over again, but You stand firm and bless me continually.  You are good!  I want to be more like You.  I want my life to reflect You.  Thank You for turning curses into blessings.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment