Friday, March 13, 2015

Speak God's Words

Scripture:

Numbers 23:12  "He replied, 'Must I not be careful to speak what the Lord puts in my mouth?'"

Observation:

Balaam had been asked to come and curse the children of Israel on behalf of Balak.  Balaam had some powerful encounters with God and was told that he could not speak except the speak what God told him to speak.  When Balak continues to ask him to speak against the people of Israel, Balaam says, "Must I not be careful to speak what the Lord puts in my mouth?"

Application:

For those, like myself, who speak constantly on the Lord's behalf, we need to make sure we are speaking the word of the Lord and not just something good.  We need to have some encounters with God that leave us wanting to only speak His words, as He wants them spoken.  I want to be a person who speaks the words God puts in my mouth and not just good words from my own mouth.

Prayer:

Father, let Your words be on my lips and let me speak only what You put in my mouth.  Open my ears to hear Your voice clearly so that I can convey to Your people what You want to say.  Speak through me Holy Spirit, I give myself to You.  Let me not mess up what You want to say.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment