Thursday, March 5, 2015

Open My Mind

Scripture:

Luke 24:45  "Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures".

Observation:

The disciples were speaking with Jesus after His resurrection and they were in absolute amazement.  They were talking with Him, seeing Him, eating with Him, etc.  He reminded them that He had told them about His resurrection before He died.  Then these words were used, "Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures".

Application:

The disciples has walked and talked with Christ for three and a half years.  They knew Him better than anyone could, yet He needed to open their understanding of the Scriptures for them.  I want my mind opened like the disciples got it, so that I can better understand God's word.  If He did it for them, He can do it for me.

Prayer:

Open my mind, that I might understand Your Word better.  Open my mind like You did Your disciples.  Teach me Your word and let me have full understanding.  I long to know You more and to fulfill your mission on the earth.  Open my mind to see it clearer.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment