Friday, March 6, 2015

The First Goes to God

Scripture:

Numbers 3:13  "For all the firstborn are mine; on the day that I struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, I sanctified to Myself all the firstborn in Israel, from man to beast.  They shall be Mine; I am the Lord".

Observation:

God had ordered a counting of every male in every tribe.  As the count was happening He said He wanted the firstborn because they had been sanctified by Him when He struck down the firstborn of all Egypt.  He demanded the firstborn of everything that came out of the womb.  God wants the first.

Application:

I always say, "when the first goes to God, the rest is blessed".  God wants the first place in our lives and hearts.  He wants to be first priority in our lives.  Nothing in Israel was as important as their firstborn sons, and God said that He wanted the firstborn sons.  God truly wants to be first in our lives, this shows that we trust Him completely.  We must let God be first in our time, finances, relationships, business, etc.  He wants to be first.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to keep You as the first priority in my life.  I want to live a life that You want to bless.  I want to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" and to see all the other things added by You.  You are amazing and I love You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment