Thursday, April 2, 2015

Abide and Impact

Scripture:

John 15:4  "Abide in Me, and I in you.  As a branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me".

Observation:

Jesus told His disciples that He was going away and that He would not be with them forever.  He had just finished predicting His betrayal and even death.  Knowing He had limited time left with His disciples, I have to think He made some of His most important statements.  Here He gives them the key to life and ministry, "Abide".  He told His disciples that they had to remain in Him and He in them, then they would have great fruit.

Application:

When we abide, remain, stay, in Christ, we will impact the world around us.  We cannot do ministry or build the Kingdom on our own, apart from Him.  He said He would build His church.  Our job is to abide!  We are useless apart from Him, but with Him all things are possible.  We can't have positive impact on our world without Him.  We need to learn to abide and impact.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to abide in You continually throughout the day.  Help me to walk with You and talk with you and remain in You all day long.  Let my ear be attuned to Your voice and my heart obedient when I hear You.  I want to abide in Your presence all day every day and to be the person You want me to be.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment