Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Children's Ministry

Scripture:

I Samuel 2:18  "Now Samuel was ministering before the Lord, as a boy wearing a linen ephod".

Observation:

As a boy, Samuel was ministering before the Lord.  He grew up in the presence of God.  He knew the voice of the Lord at a very early age.  

Application:

I believe in children's ministry.  I don't believe we just need to entertain kids in church until their parents are done with their service.  I believe kids can know that Lord and can be mightily used for His glory.  I believe God wants to pour out His Spirit on children and that He will as we make room for that.  Just as Samuel did, all children can know the Lord intimately.  I want the children of our church to walk with God, to know His voice and to follow Him completely.

Prayer:

Father, pour out Your Spirit on our children.  May they see You high and lifted up.  May they be sensitive to the voice of Your Spirit.  Raise up a generation of Samuels, who know You at an early age and never walk away from You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment