Monday, May 18, 2015

Our Helper is Fantastic

Scripture:

II Samuel 8:6  "The David put garrisons among the Arameans of Damascus, and the Arameans became servants to David, bringing tribute.  And the Lord helped David wherever he went".

Observation:

I love this verse, which is repeated later in the chapter again, "and the Lord helped David wherever he went".  David was true to the Lord and always sought the Lord.  He never proceeded in anything without inquiring of the Lord.  I believe, because of that, the Lord helped David wherever he went.  God knew David wanted God's will in all things, therefore God helped him everywhere he went.

Application:

We have a helper who comes alongside our lives.  The Holy Spirit comes alongside us as believers today and helps us do what needs done for the Kingdom.  We are never helpless, we have a helper!  Just like David, God wants to be a helper to us.  The only key is that our lives must also be like David, desiring God's will and keeping in step with His will for our lives.  When we seek God's will instead of our own, we will see the helper making it happen in and through us.

Prayer:

Father, I want Your will to be done in my life.  I surrender to You and Your plan.  Help me to inquire more of You instead of just planning things on my own.  I want to lead as a leader who is hearing and following Your voice.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment