Tuesday, May 19, 2015

God Hates Sin

Scripture:

II Samuel 12:10  "Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife".

Observation:

David had sinned by sleeping with Bathsheba and then having her husband killed so that nobody would find out about it.  He was covering his sin, but Nathan the prophet exposed it and told David that his household would be affected forever because of this one sin.  I see from this, that sin has great consequences.

Application:

We should realize from this story that sin is horrendous in the eyes of the Lord and that there are consequences for our sin.  We should realize how much our sin hurts the God we say we serve.  He hates sin!  He gave His Son so that we might be free from the power of sin, yet we go on sinning and asking His forgiveness.  Sin has consequences and we must realize that.

Prayer:

Father, let me live a life that pleases You.  Convict me when sin is present in my life and don't let me go down a wrong path.  Let my life shine as a good example to others of what a Christian's life should look like.  Purify my heart and cleanse me daily with Your word.  I am Yours.

Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment