Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Love is Powerful!

Scripture:

I Corinthians 13:2  "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing".

Observation:

Paul tells us here that if we have powerful gifts, but no love, we are nothing.  He lets us know that love is more important than gifts, knowledge, and incredible faith.  Here Paul resets the standard to a standard of love.

Application:

Many times we ask God to let us walk in the gifts of the Spirit.  We ask Him for knowledge concerning things and we beg Him for faith to move mountains.  It seems from this passage we should be asking God to help us love more and better.  Love is crucial and when we get that right, we will see the rest work out properly.

Prayer:

Father, help me to love more and better.  Teach me to love like Jesus loved.  Let the love of God flow through my life.  You are amazing and I want to reflect You well.  Help me to love the unlovable.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment