Monday, May 11, 2015

Knowing Who are You Compared to Your Enemy

Scripture:

I Samuel 17:26  "Then David spoke to the men who were standing by him, saying, 'What will be done for the man who kills this Philistine and takes away  the reproach from Israel?  For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should taunt the armies of the living God?'"

Observation:

David was young and not a super experienced warrior at this point, but He knew His God would deliver him from whatever came against him.  He knew that God would always be victorious over anyone who defied him.  David seemed to know that God was stronger than his enemy, even though his enemy looked huge and the fight looked impossible.

Application:

Just as David knew His God and therefore was not afraid of his enemy.  We must also realize that we are children of God and that He loves us and will not allow us to be utterly defeated by our enemies.  We must realize that we serve the most powerful God and that nothing any enemy throws against us will stand.  When we know the power of our God, we will be able to stand against any enemy.

Prayer:

Father, let me know you like David did.  Let me have that complete confidence that he had.  Help me to walk with You and know Your power.  Help me to never be afraid of my enemies because I know with confidence that You, not only can, but will, defeat my enemies.  You are the best and I love You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment