Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Lord Searches the heart

Scripture:

I Chronicles 28:9  "As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts.  If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you reject Him, He will reject you forever".

Observation:

As David was making preparations for Solomon to take over and build the Temple, he had some words for His son about leading God's people and how to keep the blessing in his life and over his country.  He told him, "the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts".  He let Solomon know that God went beyond actions and looked into the intentions and why you do what you do.

Application:

God still knows our hearts and examines them to see if there is right intentions and reasons for the things we do.  We must begin to examine why we do what we do.  God is just as concerned about our intentions as He is about our actions.  He is the God who searches the hearts.  We must live our lives like David told Solomon, "with a whole heart and a willing mind" to do whatever God wants us to do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to walk with a pure heart, a whole heart and a willing mind.  Sometimes my heart is pure, but my mind won't let me put into practice the things I feel I should.  Give me a whole heart and a willing mind.  Give me strength to live the way You want me to live.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment