Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Never Stop Seeking God

Scripture:

II Chronicles 26:5  "He continued to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding through the vision of God; and as long as he sought the Lord, God prospered him".

Observation:

Here we read that Uzziah prospered as long as he sought the Lord.  This king, and all the kings who sought the Lord, found out that seeking God and what He wants the nation to do, has great benefits.  As long as Hezekiah was seeking the Lord, he prospered, when he tried to do things his own way, he got leprosy.

Application:

God loves it when His people seek Him.  He wants to be the center of our lives and wants an input on how we live and what we do with our lives.  Many today just live their lives asking God to bless them.  He really wants us to seek Him first and let these other things be be added to us.

Prayer:

Lord, I run to You.  I seek Your face, Your direction for my life, my church, my decisions, etc.  I want You to lead me and not myself.  I trust You more than I trust myself.  You are all-knowing, all-powerful, and love me incredibly.  Therefore, let your Kingdom come and Your will be done in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment