Friday, July 31, 2015

Compassed By Favor

Scripture:

Psalm 5:12  "For thou wilt bless the righteous; O Jehovah, thou wilt compass him with favor as a shield".

Observation:

As the Psalmist was thinking of his relationship with God, he reminds us that God does bless the righteous and He compasses them with favor like a shield.  To compass is to encircle, therefore he is saying that God circles the righteous with favor as a shield.

Application:

We generally think of favor as something that God does for us that is especially awesome.  We think of money coming in that we didn't expect, good things happening at work, etc.  Here favor is seen that something that protects us as well.  Favor is not just something that blesses and prospers us, but it protects us as well.  We need to seek God for His favor on our lives.

Prayer:

Father, protect my life like the Psalmist talked about.  Let Your favor protect me like a shield and let Your hand be upon my life mightily.  Show me day by day Your will for my life.  I desire Your favor in my life, my home, my church and my region.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment