Friday, July 3, 2015

Pay Attention

Scripture:

II Chronicles 33:10  "The Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention. Therefore the Lord brought the commanders of the army of the king of Assyria against them..."

Observation:

Manasseh and his people heard the word of the Lord, but paid no attention to it.  He sent prophets to speak to them, but they paid no attention to the word of the Lord.  Because they didn't pay attention to the word of the Lord, God brought the Assyrian army against them and Manasseh was killed.

Application:

We need to be a people who pay attention when God is speaking.  We should seek to hear His voice and to pay attention when he speaks.  He should be the center of our lives and we should endeavor to follow Him completely.  When we don't pay attention to Him and His word, we can expect trouble.  God is speaking... are we paying attention?

Prayer:

Father, help me pay better attention to You and Your word.  Help me to focus in on what You are saying and to receive those words.  I want to hear clearly the word of the Lord for my life, my family, my church and my region.  You keep showing me this over and over, help me respond appropriately and to do exactly what You want in every situation.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment