Monday, July 13, 2015

Far Above

Scripture:

Ephesians 1:21  "far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come".

Observation:

Paul tells us here that Jesus has been seated at the right hand of the Father in heavenly places.  As he is describing the resurrection and ascension of Christ, he says that he is now seated "far above all rule and authority and power and dominion..."  He is not only above all other power and every name named, He is "FAR ABOVE".

Application:

If Christ is seated "far above" all powers, principalities authorities, and every name that is named, why do I live like he is so limited?  He is not simply "above", but "far above".  It is not even a close battle, He is FAR above every other power in this world and I belong to Him.  Nothing and nobody is even close to my Father and elder brother, therefore I have nothing to fear in any way.  Nobody can stop what they want done.  All I have to do is get on their game plan and be part of the family business and we are unstoppable together.

Prayer:

Father, let this truth sink into my heart today.  Let me truly see Jesus seated "FAR ABOVE" every other name that is named.  Let my faith increase to believe You for greater things in my life, in my family, in my church and in my world.  Let my faith be anchored strongly in one who is not just above, but far above.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment