Friday, July 24, 2015

Trials Perfect Us

Scripture:

Job 23:10  "But he knoweth the way that I take; When he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold".

Observation:

Job knew he had done nothing wrong in God's eyes.  He knew he had kept his way pure before the Lord and that there must be some reason he was going through the terrible things he was going through,  He knew that the trials he was going through must be tests and was confident that he would come through as refined gold.

Application:

We should live lives that give us this kind of confidence.  When we live in purity, we can have confidence in our walk with God.  We should know our innocence and know that, when something goes wrong, it is not punishment, but refining and testing that will only serve to purify us more.  Trials will come, we have the ability to let them perfect us or break us.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be lived in purity and let me have confidence in my walk with You.  Let me live a life that pleases You and brings more confidence into my life.  I love You and want to walk before You knowing Your perfecting processes.

Yours,
jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment